Orthotics refers to the medical speciality of using artificial devices in order to support, align, prevent, or correct the function of moving parts of the body. These can often be called splints, braces or calipers.
Our clinicians have a range of stock and bespoke orthotics options to prescribe, to ensure that patients have the most current, applicable and light weight orthotics available. We have strong links with leading suppliers and our own factory in Glasgow which allows us to offer custom made insoles, footwear and splints.
In addition to traditional Orthotic production we utilise cutting edge production methods such as 3d printing for the manufacture of insoles.
Our orthotists treat patients across the NHS and privately at our Glasgow clinic where we offer the following treatments:
- Full Orthotic assessments
- Foot Drop Assessment
- Biomechanical assessments
- Sport Specific Orthoses
- RS Scan Pressure Sensor Gait Analysis
- Footwear assessments
- Neurological gait assessments
- Custom Safety footwear assessments
- Footwear Adaptions including shoe raises
We have a range of orthotic products available and you can view these as examples of what we may recommend. Please note that it is essential to see a qualified Orthotist for an assessment before buying an Orthotic product for your first time. If you think Orthotics may help to improve a condition you have, book an assessment online or contact us for more information.
Orthotics for Sports Teams
We currently offer specialist orthotic services to several sports teams in Scotland. This includes group discounts, specialist treatments and tailored services. Clients of our bespoke orthotic manufacturing services include:
- Foot orthotics for Celtic FC, Rangers FC, Morton FC, Motherwell FC and Clyde FC
- Institute of Sport referrals including insoles and bracing
- Bespoke facial guard for Kilmarnock FC
- Specialist boot adaptions for Celtic FC
- Bespoke arm orthosis for Rangers FC
Follow us on the Buchanan Clinic Facebook page.
We'd love to hear from you 0141 440 1999 [email protected]
- Choose a location
- Select your service
- Select your practititioner
- Select a time
- Tell us your details